I recently ran into an issue where I needed to edit Monitors, Pools, and Rules on an F5. I didn’t want to delete each item and recreate. I was able to achieve this by going to into the bigip.conf file and editing it there. This is one way to do it. It’s probably not the fastest way, but it is a way. Check with your local Linux admin for a better way.
- SSH into the load balancer.
- Run this command – ~ # vi /config/bigip.conf
- To enter a command in vi type <SHIFT> + :
- Run this command in vi – :%s/<text to search for>/<replacement text>/gc
% – Search all lines
s – search
g – replace all occurrences
c – confirm before replacing text
- Go back into the vi command line (step 2)
- Save your work by going to the vi command line again (step 2) and entering w
- Quit by entering the command line again and entering q
- Load the edited config into the running config by typing #tmsh load sys conf